A downloadable game for Windows
Do you like air hockey? Do you like the eighties? Do you like other things? Neato.
This game has features. Here are some of the those things:
- A synthwave-inspired aesthetic because originality.
- Artwork wholly comprised of primitive shapes because artistic ability!
- A dubwave soundtrack comprised of one track that likes to be considered as two different tracks! Groove to its/their beat! [Beat assembled with "Beat Maker Go" free Android app]
- A surprisingly high framerate count. Please count them all individually!
- A diverse assortment of colors ranging from several similar pinks to several indistinguishable blues and the purples that reside joyously between those two colors!
- Achievable achievements for you to achieve while playing the game! Don't worry, a convenient popup with a severely loud and high-pitched noise will indicate when you may congratulate yourself for your accomplishment!
- A number of easter egg(s) to be discovered for those that dare (the number is one)!
- Two entirely different glitches turned into achievements. No bugs here! Features aplenty.
- A paragraph of text to ignore at the beginning! Gladly ignore this explanatory sentence about it as well!
- Heavily complaint-worthy lack of rebindable controls! Instead, use the hardcoded ones and smile! Works with a controller? You tell me-- I never tried!
- Gameplay that lasts the exact duration of the looping soundtrack, for which you have complete mastery over the volume levels.
- Altogether unnecessary toggle to switch off post-processing visual effects. Unnecessary because the framerate is so high even at the highest quality settings! Bask in performant glory.
- Enough rounds to qualify as "several" rounds. Count them: FOUR-- not one, not two, not seventy-three, but FOUR rounds of progression! Of a kind!
- Beat your own best time! (The time is not tracked. Use a stopwatch! Then take a polaroid and snail mail it to me!)
- Replayability! For the lovers of repetition!
- And finally: Replayability! For the lovers of repetition!
WebGL version coming maybe later for the obstinate! In fact, no, I've decided WebGL wrecks the entire gameplay experience. Neato!
However, do enjoy yourself a good OST (downloadable MP3) or Soundcloud:
No installation necessary. Download the zip. Unzip the zip. Find and run the exe file like a boss. Don't run a virus scanner because security is just fine. Don't believe that pesky Windows SmartScreen. Trust me because I am a stranger you just downloaded an executable file from!
- Originalesque Sound TrackSep 01, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.